Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility


We’ve answered some of our most frequently asked questions here. If you have additional questions, please contact us.

How do I apply to the Public Housing Program?
Call or visit our office, no appointment is necessary. Complete your application at our offices, submit your application through this website, or pick one up and return it to us after completed.
What info will I need for my post application interview?

You will need the following:

  • Verification of all household incomes – Wages, Social Security or SSI Letter, Child Support, Pension, etc.
  • Verification of Assets – Savings and Checking Accounts (6 months of bank statements), CD, IRA, Whole Life Insurance Policy, Property Deed and Taxes, etc.
  • Social Security cards for all family members
  • Photo identification for all adult family members (State Photo ID, Driver’s License, Passport)
  • Birth Certificates for all family members
  • Current and previous landlord references
  • Previous subsidized housing history
  • Military Form DD-214 (if applicable)
  • Alternate Contact
Who is eligible for housing assistance?

You may be determined ineligible for admission to both Public Housing and the Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) programs if any of the following applies:

  1. Your annual income exceeds the maximum limits.
  2. You have an outstanding balance with a subsidized housing provider.
  3. You have been evicted from subsidized housing in the past three year period.
  4. You have a criminal history of drug possession and/or sales, disorderly conduct, physical violence and/or other criminal activity, which would adversely affect the health, safety or welfare of other residents.
  5. You have negative landlord references and rental history.
  6. Inaccurate or false information will be grounds for denial.

Note:  If your application is rejected for any reason, you will be given notice of an opportunity to dispute this decision at an informal review.

What is monthly rent?

The Consolidation Appropriations of 2014 added a new requirement that FLAT RETS may be no lower than 80% of the federally established Elk County “Fair Market Rent” (FMR)

Based on this new federal law, FLAT RENT amounts are as follows:



One Bedroom


Two Bedroom


Three Bedroom


What are the income guidelines?